Dentist in Boyne City, MI
The brief descriptions below are designed to familiarize you with our staff's training, professional credentials and work experience.
Jennifer S. Larson, DDS
Dr. Jennifer Larson graduated from the University of Michigan School of Dentistry in 2006. She also holds a Bachelors Degree from Hope College in Holland, Michigan and a Master of Physical Therapy degree from Emory University in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Larson enjoys exploring beautiful northern Michigan, hiking and camping with her daughter and their yellow Labrador Retriever, Lilly.
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) 2006 | University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI.
- Master of Physical Therapy (MPT) 1991 | Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- B.A., Biology 1988 | Hope College, Holland, MI.
- Michigan Community Dental Clinics, East Jordan, MI
Provide comprehensive general dentistry services to underserved clients whom are either uninsured or are Medicaid recipients in Rural Northern Lower Michigan. Also, participate in various community education events such as presentations in the local elementary schools regarding oral health.
- Hamilton Community Health Network, Flint, MI
Provided general dentistry services to the underserved of inner city Flint. Also, participated in numerous health fairs and other community education events to promote oral health and access to care.
Wadsworth Dental Clinic, Saginaw, MI - 2005
As a third year dental student, provided emergency and restorative dental services to patients in a community health clinic setting. These patients were primarily uninsured or Medicaid recipients.
- Bay Cliff Children’s Health Camp, Marquette, MI. - 2005
As a third year dental student I spent a week as part of a multidisciplinary health care team providing dental services to children from disadvantaged backgrounds.
HONORS / AWARDS
- University of Michigan Center for the Education of Women, Margaret Dodd Towsley Scholarship 2005
- NCAA Post Graduate Scholarship 1988
- NCAA Academic All American (swimming) 1985-1988
- Phi Beta Kappa (Hope College, Holland, MI) 1988
- Magna Cum Laude (Hope College, Holland, MI) 1998
- President, Vacationland District Dental Society 2011
- Member, American Dental Association 2006-present
- Member, American Student Dental Association 200 1-2006
- Alpha Omega Dental Fraternity 2004-2006
Christian Martin, R.D.A.
Christian has been a practicing Dental Assistant since 2003, and a Registered Dental Assistant since 2006. She has earned special certification through the State of Michigan Board of Dentistry, allowing her to perform expanded functions of patient care in our practice. A skilled and very valuable asset to our practice, she enjoys biking, hiking and camping in beautiful Northern Michigan in her free time.
Rachel Coen, Hygienist
Rachel has lived in Charlevoix her entire life and loves it. She graduated from Ferris State University with a degree in Dental Hygiene.She married her high school sweetheart in 2015 and together they share their home with two cats, a yellow lab, and a one adorable 15 mth old daughter, named Maddi. In her free-time she enjoys fishing, swimming at the beach, and quilting.
Jennifer has relocated to Upper Michigan from "The Thumb" of Michigan. A graduate of Walsh College with a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration and a 20-year veteran in the dental field, she brings fresh ideas and a smile. She loves all Upper Michigan has to offer in outdoor adventure!
Tammy. whose hometown is East Jordan, is a 16 -year veteran dental assistant with DAANCE, Radiography, and CPR certifications. She loves all things related to the Great Lakes; such as, kayaking, paddle boarding, and swimming. She also volunteers for the Victim Service Unit in Charlevoix County.
Biography Coming Soon!